Hey! Did you know you can click on an image to see it full size? It's true! Give it a try!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

J'en a marre de café!

We had an activity today to improve our accents through singing. It was actually a really, really fun, and I learned some good phrases from it. We learned to sing Couleur café by Serge Gainsbourg. Here's his rendition (shared under the same copyright as the youtube video):



And now ours:


MICEFA Group 1 Singing Activity from Michael Ullinger on Vimeo.

Alright, so the view isn't that great, and the singing is so-so, but I think it's passable, no? It was a really good time, and the teacher was really awesome.

If there's one thing I really want now (besides an apartment for the next 5 1/2 months) is sleep. I haven't been able to get any. Even when I go to bed at a decent time, I end up waking up at 5 or 6 and staring at the ceiling for three hours until I need to be up. Nothing's helped. Going to bed later only makes me more tired the next day. Going to bed earlier makes it even worse to try and fall asleep again afterwards. I can't tell if it's from the stress of everything going on or from the jet lag, but it needs to stop.

The only change I can think of here that might seriously change my sleep-game (besides the stress) is the coffee. I don't know if it's more caffeinated, or if it's more of a slow burn kind of coffee, but it's the only major thing that comes to mind. So that's it, j'en a marre de café. I'm done with coffee... That is, at least until I get this sleep problem under control.

Look for a bonus post sometime soon. Very soon. Maybe a photo... Maybe a video... Who knows? I don't even know what it's going to be yet. I guess we'll find out together!

No comments:

Post a Comment