Hey! Did you know you can click on an image to see it full size? It's true! Give it a try!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Springtime and Street Performers

It's springtime now here in Paris, and what a gorgeous spring it is. The parks and walkways in city are filling up with those who are tired from being coped up for the winter, and the sun-drenched banks of the Seine are filled with picnickers and groups of young people hold name sessions. So too are the street performers starting to come out and entertain the groups of picnickers and tourists near the city's center. The last few days I've decided to enjoy the weather and meander through the city with my camera after class and work. I figured I'd take a little break from the Louvre photos to share our little piece of spring with you.

Playing soccer in the Tuileries
A little quartet near Notre Dame. I think the bassist was getting tired
of me taking so many photos.
Tourists trying to decide where to go after their picnic lunch.
This guy was awesome. He was making gigantic bubbles!
Someone trying to sneak in an afternoon nap in the sunny gardens.
These two are great. I've seen them a couple of times now, and they
always sound really, really good. I think I'll get their CD next time I see them.
This little guy was very intrigued by my camera, until the shutter sound scared him.
So there you go, a little taste of Parisian spring. Hopefully the nice weather continues and I can keep going out to get photos more often. From what I've heard, the weather back home is getting nice too. So I as the world starts to thaw out from the winter, I hope everyone is enjoying sunnier days and warmer winds. Look forward to more posts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment