Hey! Did you know you can click on an image to see it full size? It's true! Give it a try!

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Take a Hike!

So after the adventure that was arriving in Zermatt, I decided to take today to relax, see the town and the valley, get photos, and gather some skiing information. I slept in a little after staying up late to Skype my parents, so I decided to start the day off with lunch and a little adventure in the town.

A billboard outside my hostel. They're all over the town and ski areas,
and, yes, they're accurate.
What started out as a little walking adventure turned in to a full fledged hike as I found myself just outside of town on the trails. The gorgeous landscape is dotted with tiny hamlets, most of which have been long abandoned, but some which are still lived in. They give the landscape a quirky, wild west feel of the mountains in Montana and Colorado, but have stood since before those states existed.



There were a few touches to remind me I was in Europe, though.


Overall the landscapes were fantastic and the day was very refreshing and relaxing. I definitely would love to come back and experience it in all the seasons. I'm sure this will remain a destination on my travel list for a very, very long time.




Look for some posts soon about my day spent skiing in the mountains. I had a blast, even if my knees complained. I even managed to get my camera up for some photos and some videos along the way. They'll be up soon. Until then, I'll leave you with an oh-so rare self-portrait.

Me on the hiking trail. Photo credit: A rock.
Well, the rock held the camera, I pushed the button. Call it teamwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment