Hey! Did you know you can click on an image to see it full size? It's true! Give it a try!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mmmmm...

Remember this photo, from Climbing the Eiffel Tower?


It's the amazingly delicious Sunny Burger from Breakfast in America. Now I know I've mentioned this restaurant a few times before, but I finally got a chance to bring my camera along and snag some photos of the meal.

Allison, visiting from England, enjoying her burger.
Breakfast in America is a classic American dinner dropped into the heart of Paris, complete with pancakes, burgers, milkshakes, and New York cheesecake. Almost the entire staff is from the U.S. or the U.K., and it's nice to be able to interact with waiters in a familiar way.

Petry digging in to her burger. This was just before everything fell out.
They also have some things that are hard to find here, but remind me of home, like A&W rootbeer, Dr. Pepper, A1 steaksauce, Heinz ketchup, bacon, and cheddar cheese. They also make milkshakes, which I have yet to find anywhere else in the city, and they make them really well. The strawberry shake (my favorite flavor) is definitely going to be on the list of things I miss from this city when I get home.

My plate got my seal of approval.
And besides the great shakes, and hard-to-find touches, BIA makes a damn good burger. Like every other restaurant in Paris, they know that in order to make it, they have to make great food, and their burgers rise to that occasion. They're thick and juicy, cooked just right, no matter how you order it. The topping combinations, whether a classic swiss and mushroom or their inventive All-American burger (red pepper, white onion, and bleu cheese), are delicious and balanced.

Petry giving the thumbs up on her burger.
Allison considering trying a dessert
BIA is a great piece of Americana for when I'm feeling homesick, and a great meal for when I'm feeling really hungry. If you're ever in Paris, and want to give them a try, you can find locations and menus on their website.

In other news, my friend Bethany has made it safely in from the States. She's staying with me for a few weeks and touring the city, trying to pick up the things she missed when she was here with a tour group in middle school. We've made some plans for tackling the city's plethora of museums and landmarks, and she's been doing some research on other things she wants to see. We've also booked flights for a weekend trip to Ireland, which has been a lifelong dream of hers. We're going to head to Belfast for a couple of days, and then train down to Dublin for a couple of days before flying back to Paris. I'm going to see if I can order some film for that trip, as well as for some shots here in Paris, and some in Berlin in June.

And, for the record, Breakfast in America in no way compensated me for this post. I just really like the restaurant...

No comments:

Post a Comment